22 Inverness Center Parkway Suite 600
Birmingham, AL 35242
(205) 949-3724 (direct)
(205) 949-3768 (fax)
Christie J. Estes
- Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell
- Correctional Healthcare Defense
- Professional Liability
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Samford University, B.S. , Political Science, cum laude (2004)
- Samford University, Cumberland School of Law, J.D. magna cum laude (2008)
- Associate Articles Editor, CUMBERLAND LAW REVIEW
- Scholar of Merit: Contracts I, Contracts II, Business Organizations, Arbitration, and Selected Constitutional Law Problems
- Alabama State Bar
- All U.S. District Courts in Alabama
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Alabama Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Shelby County Bar Association
B-Metro Magazine Top Lawyer of 2016
- “Don’t Wear High Heels to a Foundry, or, What We Wish We Knew Before Our First Client Meeting,” Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Journal, Vol. 32, No. 1, Spring 2016.
- “Trial Survival 101: Practical Tips for the Female Litigator,” Sharing Success-The Newsletters of the Women in the Law Committee-Defense Research Institute- Volume 4, Issue 1, June 2014.
- "Stanford to Mack: The Evolution of Viability of Prenatal Injury Claims," Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Journal, Vol. 28, No. 2, Fall 2012
- "SOS for SNS: How to Navigate the Sea of Social Media Discovery," For the Defense, Vol. 54, No. 9, September 2012
- "State of Confusion: The Brief Life and Times of Alabama's Immigration Bill," Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Journal, Vol. 28, No. 1, Spring 2012
- "An Arizona Bill with an Alabama Twist - The Effort to Deter Illegal Immigration in the Deep South," Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Journal, Vol. 27, No. 2, October 2011
- "The Anti-Subrogation Rule: Overview, Application & Exceptions," Covered Events-The Newsletter of the Insurance Law Committee-Defense Research Institute, Issue 7, August 2011
- "From Terry to Today: An Examination of the Contours of the 'Special Employer' Defense" Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Journal, Vol. 26, No. 2, October 2010
- "The Anti-Subrogation Rule: Overview, Application & Exceptions" Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Journal, Vol. 26, No. 1, April 2010
Ms. Strange’s practice is devoted to civil defense litigation with an emphasis on correctional healthcare defense and professional liability defense. She also has experience defending product liability and premises liability actions and handles a variety of appellate matters in both state and federal court.
Ms. Strange was recognized by Alabama Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Civil Defense Litigation in 2015. She was named in B-Metro Magazine’s Top Female Lawyers in 2015. She was also included in Fortune’s Women Leaders in the Law for 2015. Ms. Strange is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Strange is active in the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association. She is the Chairman of the New Member Recruitment Committee, a faculty member for Deposition Boot Camp, and has served on the Board of Directors for District II.
Outside of the law, Ms. Strange enjoys kickboxing, Auburn football, and Steel City Pops.